15 Best Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling Tips
Remodeling kitchen and bathroom project may be overwhelming, but can go on smoothly if you know a couple of pro tips.
- Plan ahead, avoid delay: Plan ahead and make products selection early. Planning ahead would avoid delays and help you adhering to your budget.
- Remember the big picture: Repairs, maintenance and energy loss are bound to happen. Always budget for these and include them in your calculations when you are comparing prices. This will help in avoiding hassles in future.
- Get good help: Hire a contractor or a remodeler who has rich experience in kitchen and bathroom remodeling, positive customer reference, good record with better business bureau and a member of National Association of Remodeling Industry. Or, if you know a good remodeler whom you can trust, go ahead and hire him.
- Visit a job site: When you are planning to hire a remodeler, check his companyís website. Good remodelers always maintain a clean and an organized website.
- Safety: Always take precautionary measures to guarantee safety. Have a low profile and do not discuss the details in your neighborhood.
- Treat your contractor well: This is the best thing that you can do. Appreciate for his good work. He will be interested in sharing his kitchen and bathroom remodeling tips with you.
- While doing your kitchen and bathroom remodeling, always insist for a contract. Not having detailed contract or no contract will create lot of legal issues. The contract should contain the address, the starting date and a completion date, and details of the project that has to be carried out.
- Be prepared: Remodeling is exciting. At the same time, you should be prepared and get the details from the remodeler, situations to expect after the project has started. Situations like delays, inconvenience and frustration are all common. Getting to know them early will help you to manage better.
- Find an alternative: During kitchen remodeling project, you may face lot of inconveniences in carrying out your job. Set up a temporary kitchen with your refrigerator and microwave away from the construction area. This will help you to prepare light meals whenever needed.
- Pack all the crockery and other breakables from the kitchen to avoid breaking.
- Express your ideas: Communicate with your remodelers and get sufficient kitchen and bathroom remodeling tips from them. Let them know what you have in mind and work together.
- If you are not a frequent user of the tub, skip them and get showers instead. This will save your money and ensure effective usage too.
- Avoid planning desk in the kitchen unless you would really sit down and plan in the desk.
- Connecting spaces by opening up walls and hallways create more livable spaces. This is a great kitchen and bathroom remodeling tip.
- Maximize storage by utilizing the wasted area efficiently and effectively.