The kitchen is the busiest area of your house where you spend most of your time. You must want this place to be furnished in a practical and a stylish way. Furnishing here refers to the kitchen furniture and window coverings. It totally depends on your choice whether you want to add a classy touch or something else to your kitchen appearances.
You can either go with classic wood and brick finishes or a more modern and minimal approach by making a feature of neutral colours and matte surfaces. With a large number of shapes and sizes of windows out there, choose from the wide range of options for your kitchen. Aren’t sure what window treatment will suit your space? Here’s something that will help you find the best for your kitchen.
Interesting window treatment ideas for kitchen
New window treatments can make difference to the entire appearance of your kitchen. Pairing the new coverings with existing interiors can work quite well. For renovation purpose, there are a lot of styles, finishes and colour options that can bring new life to your existing space. What will work best for your kitchen? Is itbi-fold shutters, bare window, classic net or anything else? Give it a thought because to give your kitchen an interesting look, compare the different options, their pros and cons and everything. Consider the things according to the place you want to cover. Is it a standard window, over the kitchen sink window or something to cover your patio doors, there are a number of products to choose from:
- Nets/Voiles- Apart from the standard curtains, which is made up of heavier fabrics, much light-weighted voiles or nets are quite popular for kitchens. The net curtains or voiles are popular but a little drawback with this product is that it easily picks up the dirt and grows mould, and also provides limited privacy.
- Blinds- A different variety of blind called popularly as off-the-shelf blinds that are different in terms of style and light control, are available in the market upon user’s high demand. All sort of blinds including Roman, vertical or classic Venetians are highly effective as far as privacy is concerned. On the other hand, these blinds can damage easily because of its light weight and can also bang against the window in a breeze.
- Shutters- A shutter is the more premium, high-quality and a bespoke choice available for kitchens. They are convenient for every house owner as they are easy to keep clean and don’t require high maintenance. The Bi-fold shutters are considered as the most stylish choice of window covering for the kitchen as well as every place in the home. From traditional to more contemporary designs, shutters have been a popular choice since years.
- Tinted film- Window films are very much similar to a net curtain providing limited shading. They can only reduce the light rather blocking it. Films are usually used with other window coverings.
- Bare windows- A large number of house owners prefer going as minimal as they can and therefore they are opting for no window treatments for their kitchen windows. A bare window provides no light control, no privacy or insulation, offering the home owners an unrestricted view of their garden.