Pool Renovation – 5 Creative Ideas to Reinvent Your Pool
Whether your family has outgrown your pool or it has suffered weather damage, you’ve moved into a house with a long-abandoned one or you just want to be the envy of your neighborhood, it may be time to call your pool renovation experts. New and innovative products and designs hit the market every single year and enjoying the benefits of a fantastic change could be a few short months away.
In the early planning stages, it is advised to seek the assistance of a trusted company that will help you in mapping out any limitations or notable nuances in your yard and existing pool structure that may impact the vision you have for your pool. They will be helpful also, in assisting you with a perspective on what is possible in your budgetary range.
Below are five creative ideas to get your ideas flowing:
1. Water Features: The addition of cascading waterfalls and elegant fountains are becoming a more popular facet these days. Fountains can be anything from splashing from a stone statue to intermittent squirts for a fun touch. Waterfalls can be built to flow from a hot tub into a larger one, or they can trickle down a stone and pebble landscape into it. Something that can be agreed upon is that water features make a bold statement and never fail to impress.
2. Lighting: Creating a backyard oasis doesn’t have to begin and end with Christmas lights strung through the trees. Lights can be placed in your water features, and recessed along the outside. Special lighting can change colors and intensity. It’s easy to see that no restoration is complete without the addition of a spectacular lighting system.
3. Shape and Finish: Irregular shaped pools are all the rage in today’s restorations. Companies have many options in this area and you can create your own shape, taking into account any plumbing or landscaping limitations you may have. Additionally, there are many choices of finish you can use in your renovation. Mosaic tiles, different colors and textures are ways you can create different effects based on the style you are looking to capture.
4. Going Green: We don’t mean turning the water green! On the contrary, automatic chemical dispensers are on the market today that test and regulate the needs of your water and adjust the levels accordingly. This prevents waste due to inaccurate tests or errors in measurement. Energy efficient systems are now available, as well as timers for lighting, temperature control and filtering. The use of these systems not only saves you money, but also saves on energy usage.
5. The Surroundings: Taking your restoration one step further and designing your landscaping to compliment your swimming area is a certain way to add drama and create a stylistic punch in your renovation. Stained concrete or special decking to surround it with patio sets, urns and cabanas can be used to create the oasis you have been daydreaming about.
By using these ideas and adding your own personality, your pool renovation will be underway and before you know it, you’ll be enjoying yourself poolside just how you imagined.