The Kitchen being the important part of the house needs very much attention while you design your dream home! The kitchens are designed keeping in mind the available space and requirements of the user. A straight kitchen is a one-wall kitchen layout with counter space on both sides of the cooking range.
Straight modular kitchens are among the most economical layouts which are perfect for homeowners limited by budget and space, It can integrate a minimalist aesthetics while pouring in the décor essence of a gallery shaped or L-shaped kitchen. Straight kitchen designs are also popular in houses that have a second smaller kitchen area for special occasions or irregular purposes.
It is advisable to opt for straight kitchen design ideas if you are constrained to a smaller kitchen space. Also with longer and smaller kitchen straight kitchen ideas are suitable. For homeowners planning on an open kitchen, this layout seems to be the most appropriate choice since it doesn’t require a huge work area and the layout can easily blend into the rest of the décor.
Here are some tips to enhance the functionality of a straight kitchen design:
- It is suggestive to maintain a proper distance between the sink, hob and place for appliances.
- Go for double rows of cabinetry to maximize storage space. You can either go for two rows of storage under the counter top or have a lower cabinetry and a hanging cabinetry above the cooking space but on the same wall.
- For homes which has more space then straight kitchen is not a good choice as it will give an odd feeling.
- It is highly suggestive to hire interior designer for designing a beautiful area for all your kitchen expectations.
- Make sure you have a proper way to move in kitchen, just to avoid bumping into something.
- Hire a professional interior designer to help you serve you such that all your design makes sense along with the functionality of kitchen.
- Apart from the modular kitchen design also focus on the sockets such that you don’t have to move your appliances daily and you have the supply for the electricity nearby the appliances.
- If you wish to have an open kitchen area you can even add on sliding doors or curtains to cover up the mess sometimes.
- Also focus on the area under and over the cooktop to have a good storage space.