So, you have decided to embark on the adventurous journey of renovating your bathroom. Doesn’t matter if you are doing it with your family in mind or for alluring the future potential home buyers – bathroom renovation could be a very exciting and rewarding experience but some times quite frustrating. To avoid the problems that can arise from it and make your life worry free, consider the tips below and you will soon enjoy a relaxing bath in your newly renovated bathroom.
- Decide on your budget – This is the first and very important step in your bathroom renovation project. Based on your budget you can go for full bathroom renovation to making only the necessary upgrades. Changing only those worn out tiles on the floor and replacing the old-fashioned faucet might be all that your bathroom needs to be rejuvenated and be easy on your pocket at the same time.
- Do it yourself or hire a pro? Many people think that they are handy enough to paint, replace tiles and faucets, even do full bathroom renovation by themselves. While this is true for some, most of the people need a professional to do the job right and fast. And if you hire the right person, you will benefit from them because they know the latest trends, best materials for quality and value and will provide you with solid advice. If you want to finish your project fast then consider hiring a contractor. If you would like to safe money than evaluate what can you do by yourself or with friends help. If you cannot lay tiles but can paint, than hire a professional only for installing the tiles and you finish painting by yourself. No matter which way you will decide to take with your project be sure to do your due diligence. Start by asking relatives and friends for advise and probably they know the right person to help you.
- Select the materials for your bathroom renovation wisely. In our days we are flooded with wide choice of flooring materials, fixtures and vanities.Except for the obvious reasons of colour, size and style, while choosing materials for your bathroom renovation project you should consider the following when shopping:
- Quality and durability – nobody wants to fix their bathroom every year and that’s why it is important to choose durable and high quality materials and fixtures. When choosing the product, take your time shopping around to compare the alternatives available. If you hired a contractor, here comes his/hers indispensable advice and probably he/she can give you a discount on materials from some stores.
- Safety and comfort – Everyone appreciates a stylish bathroom but always implement safety and comfort into it. Your bathroom floor is often wet so those nice polished marble tiles might be looking great but slippery when wet can cause unnecessary falling of your family members.
- Maintenance – don’t forget that nothing stays as new if not maintained properly. If you don’t have a maid (yet) that cleans after you every day consider some easy to maintain materials and colours for your bathroom renovation project. This way you will spend more time enjoying your bathroom than cleaning it.
The bathroom renovations are sometimes time-consuming and quite stressful, but if you follow the simple steps above you will be in charge of your project and you will enjoy the satisfaction of seeing and using the final result of your well planned bathroom renovation. And just remember it’ll be all worth the effort when you see your new bathroom finished just to your taste.