Whenever you are hiring a painter to give your home a makeover, do not only think about the price, but also consider the other attributes painting contractors in Seattle should possess. While cost is certainly a determining factor, the following qualities should also be taken into consideration.
1. Time of operation – How long has your contractor been in the industry? How long has he been working in your area? If your painter has been moving around a lot, he may be running from some very angry customers. Reliable painting contractors in Seattle will show consistency.
2. Contract agreement – A well organized painter will hand you a detailed contract in which all the work he is going to do is outlined, as well as a starting date and date of completion. The agreement is well formulated and printed on letterhead. A handwritten note on a plain piece of paper is unacceptable – also for legal purposes, in case problems would arise.
3. Deposits – Painting contractors in Seattle who do not ask for a deposit for smaller projects show financial stability. Not giving your contractor any money up front will also guarantee that the work will be done. Your painter will not leave you stranded in the middle of the job.
4. Communication – Your painter should communicate with you often and clearly. He should ask if you are satisfied with the colors, the speed in which the job is being executed, and the quality of the work. By staying in touch, many problems can be eliminated.
5. References – It does not matter how many references painting contractors in Seattle have to show for, check them out. Do not hesitate to call the customers who are listed. It may also be smart to check the Better Business Bureau to see if there are any unsettled complaints. Reviews on the Internet can also give you a good indication of how reliable your local painters really are.